Dr. Vinay Shrivastava was born and brought up in Madhya Pradesh. He got his Post Graduate degree in History and Sociology both and his Ph.D. in History from Rajasthan Vidyapeeth Vishwavidyalaya, Udaipur, Rajasthan. He has done intensive study on Malwa. His research contribution promoted new ideas and thoughts in various aspects of History and Archaeology.
He has the honour of having various research projects in history/archaeology and other research publications. He has completed successfully two Minor Research Projects from U.G.C., C.R.O. Bhopal in 2002 and 2004. He has completed successfully two Major Research Projects on Malwa sponsored by UGC, New Delhi. At present he has awarded his third Major Resaearch Project from U.G.C. New Delhi(2013-2015).
His first Major Research Project was entitled. ‘A Study & documentation of historical monuments in Malwa’ was completed in 2007 (2005-2007). The second Major Research Project entitled. ‘Irrigation works & other water works in Malwa (1100- 1800 AD)’ was completed in 2011. (2009-2011). The Third Major Research Project entitled "A Study and Documentation Of Historical Monuments and its Decorative features of Medieval Bundelkhand" (2013-2015), continue... ‘Swadheanta’ fellowship was also awarded to him by the Ministry of Culture, Government of Madhya Pradesh in 2008. His research work, ‘Neemuch jile me swatantrata andolan ka Itihas (1857-1947)’, has been accepted by the Govt. of MP for publication. His field survey and research work is accepted by the UGC and the Government of India and established him an eminent scholar on central India.
His publications (Reference Books) are-
- Malwa me afeem krishi ka Itihas (2007)
- Malwa ke pramukh etihasic durg (2008)
- Malwa ke pramukh etihasic mandir evem chhatriyan (2008)
- Bharat me Rajya: utpatti aur vikas (Co author Asha Shrivastava) (2008)
- Madhya kaleen Malwa (Edited) (2009)
- Neemuch: History and Archaic Culture (2010)
- Water Management in Medieval India (2012)
- Heritage Managment Of Historical Inheritance In Medieval India(2014)
Edited International Journal
He has Edited 17 Issues of International And Peer Reviewed Journal Central India Journal of Historical and Archaeological Research.
Research Papers and Seminars -He has the credit of participating more than 67 national and 12 International seminars. His more than 60 research papers have published in various national & International journals.
Organized National Seminars/ Workshops-
He has the credit of organizing 3 National Seminar & 6 workshops for Career Guidance in Neemuch and Panna.
Award & Honour-
- He has been awarded ‘Special Service Medal’ by Rotary District 7390 Pennsylvania, USA in 2002.
- He has got the opportunity to present his research papers in the University of York, University of Pennsylvania (USA), Pens State University (USA), Dickinson College, York & Harrisburg Area Community College (USA) during his visit to USA under Group Study Exchange Programme, Sponsored by Rotary International. His Research work was appreciated and recognized by these institutions.
- He was also awarded. ‘Research Link Award for outstanding contribution in research field of Central India.
- He was awarded ‘Best Speaker of India’ at National University level in 1986, 1987& 1989 by the President of India.
- He is the editor of An International and Peer Reviewed Journal CIJHAR ‘Central India Journal of Historical and Archaeological Research’(ISSN No.2277-4157). Many historians and history lovers of the country are associated with this Journal.
At Present –
- Dr. Vinay Shrivastava is working as Professor of History & NCC officer( As Captain) in Govt. Post. Graduate College, Panna.(M.P.)
- Member of Indian History Congress, Rajasthan History Congress and UP History Congress.
- Life Member of Madhya Pradesh History Congress, Bhopal.
- Life Member of Indian Adult Association, New Delhi.
- Member of GSE Team, Represented India & visited USA in 2002.
- Member of Rotary Dist. 3040 & Néemuch Rotary club.
- Member of Advisory Council in many Research journals and Reference Books.